S. Kirk & Son Repousse Sterling Silver 6-Piece Tea & Coffee Set with Tray
S. Kirk & Son, sterling silver repousse, hand chased and hand decorated tea and coffee set, all matching, richly adorned with crisp floral motifs, in pattern number 474F from 1932, consisting of:
- a tray measuring 28 1/2'' from handle to handle by 19 1/2'' in width
- a coffee pot measuring 10'' in height by 9'' from handle to spout
- a tea pot measuring 8'' in height by 10'' from handle to spout
- a creamer pitcher measuring 5 1/2'' in height by 5 1/2'' from handle to spout
- a covered sugar bowl measuring 6'' in height by 7'' from handle to handle
- a waste bowl measuring 4 1/2'' in height by 4 1/2'' in diameter
Total weight is an impressive 205.2 troy ounces.
Baltimore’s prominent silver manufacturing company, Samuel Kirk & Son, dates its beginning to 1815. Just 5 years later, Maria Hester Monroe, daughter of President James Monroe, was married in the White House. She chose Kirk Mayflower as her silverware pattern. During this early period Kirk introduced to America the repousse treatment for silverware.
Please feel free to ask us any questions, and please see our other listings. We hand polish all items before shipping them out, but if there is interest for a professional polishing and/or engraving removal, we can take care of that for an additional charge and with delayed shipping.